Thread: What's The Best Elastomeric Paint?

What's The Best Elastomeric Paint?

For our roof, what kind should I buy? I have no idea what elastomeric is. What brand? Our roof is galvanized.
    How much is the biggest can?
    For how big is the area covered?

You can try Flexseal. Okay ang waterproofing (as compared to Boysen and Davies). They have elastomeric for concrete and roof. The only difference between the two is that glossy yung pang-roof and thus more expensive. Depende sa color ang price. I recently had the firewall of our apartment painted orange and almost 1,800 yung isang balde.

Of course, you can also try the more expensive imported brands like Ace branded elastomeric paints. But I haven't tried that kaya hindi ko alam ang durability and pagka-waterproof nya.

hmmm... elastomeric for the roof itself. Usually you use elastomeric to waterproof the firewall or cement walls. There is specific paint for the roof from boysen. If you are OC then use epoxy primer - the one they use for cars - yan ang matibay!

sorry I stand corrected - guguly said meron pala pang roof

I ended buying roofguard boysen. The salesman said elastomeric for roof is not really good. I don't know if it's true

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    I ended buying roofguard boysen. The salesman said elastomeric for roof is not really good. I don't know if it's true
    Most elastomerics now, even imported ones, can be painted on both concrete and GI roofs. Davies has Sun & Rain. Ang Boysen wala kaya siguro roofguard ang ini-offer sayo. But okay din naman roofguard. Hindi ko lang gusto ang colors available (traditional earth-colors) unlike the elastomerics na may new bright, pastel colors.

Newbie Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    That is totally wrong, coz number 1 - you need waterproof roof paint so that no water can seep into the coating to protect your metal roof from rust. Rust forms when three components are present, namely: water, air and metal. If one of this dont exist then rust cant form.

Number 2, you can check through the internet and you will see that people in other countries like for example US is using elastomeric roof paints for their roofing because of its thickness and protection. Only in the Philippines mo lang makikita na it is controlled by big paint companies and they dont want to change their old ways so they sell you old technology like ordinary roof paint.

And lastly, elastomeric roof paints are now made glossy and is easily applied na. Flexseal is the 1st brand of elastomeric paint in the Philippines since 1987 they have been promoting it.

Here is a pic of Flexseal for your reference.

Last edited by andres_88; May 10th, 2010 at 10:04 AM.

maganda nga raw ang flexseal.

how about Rain or Shine, may feedback ba kayo dito? yun kasi ang inorder for us. hrmmm.
    Insight. Empowerment. Action.
    Be an advocate. It's time!

www.itstime.com.ph

work hard, play harder.

Capture It All
    may iba pa bang brand? magkano ba yang flexseal?

Newbie Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    may iba pa bang brand? magkano ba yang flexseal?
    The prices for FlexSeal is at http://campbridgewaterproofing.blogspot.com/ or if you have facebook, search for campbridge waterproofing. Btw, heres a copy of the price list:

Hope that helps.

dati mas maganda ang Flesxeal mas makapal unlike ngayon same brand and product numipis na ang quality.

Boysen have Titan brand.

Newbie Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus View Post
    dati mas maganda ang Flesxeal mas makapal unlike ngayon same brand and product numipis na ang quality.

Boysen have Titan brand.
    Oh, I beg to differ. Ang kapal and nipis ng pintura does not affect quality. It only means na mas madaming thickeners used. The problem kasi with some painters is that if they see na makapal ang pintura - they tend to put water to thin it down (which affects color density).

So, in fact - FlexSeal reduced its thickeners to follow the consistency of what painters look for, hence the final product. But the basic components are all still the same.

The thing that makes a paint have quality is the binder (pandikit) - normal latex paint uses ordinary binders and FlexSeal uses waterproof binder (which is more expensive but last longer). Hope that helps. peace

i attended one conference where nandun yung mayari ng nevada paints. they changed their name to Nviro paint brand. they are claiming to pioneer the term elastomeric. i dont know how true though

pero bilib ako sa product. odor less and no toxicity. Odorless is getting to be a trend. Pero yung no toxicity even for kids. Yan ang maganda. they even let kids play with the paint for a finger painting promotion noon daw.
    huhuhu.. Sk17i ko bagsak price na...

~ striving to be the best there is

Newbie Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tan_13heat View Post
    i attended one conference where nandun yung mayari ng nevada paints. they changed their name to Nviro paint brand. they are claiming to pioneer the term elastomeric. i dont know how true though

pero bilib ako sa product. odor less and no toxicity. Odorless is getting to be a trend. Pero yung no toxicity even for kids. Yan ang maganda. they even let kids play with the paint for a finger painting promotion noon daw.
    I think they sell it at more than P 1,000 per 3 liters? (I may be wrong) But this I am sure, FlexSeal is sold at P 475.00 per 4 liters and have the following benefits: