Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skycable Digital Box

BNC XE Guru

Skycable Digibox

Hi guys, saw this ad sa TV pero di ko naabutan fully. What's it ba? Digital na? Pero analog lines pa rin di ba? Pano kaya ito?

More info sa mga nakapagtanong na sa sky, please! Hehehe...

Thanks
    See my days are cold without you
    But I'm hurtin while I'm with you
    And though my heart can't take no more
    I keep on running back to you

Founding Member
    Sky Cable wants to install digital set-top boxes to prevent signal piracy but it will cost too much.

So, they're trying to dupe subscribers to pay for it! Hahaha!

I was a former Skycable subscriber, one day they came to my home to install this digibox thing... so instead of having a cable ready tv, you'll have to switch channel on this box... your tv remains on channel 3... clarity remains the same... one digibox per tv you've subscribed... I think the first digibox is free while the rest is like 100 pesos additional/TV to your bill.. it's like renting them.. Now I'm on Destiny, no more of those digibox things..

Tama si Creepy. Its like a device that the provider can control on what they can send to your TV. This is usually installed on subs with on demand requests like Pay Per View. In the future, I guess everyone will be installed with this to curtail cable TV signal theft/piracy, and more control on what signal to send and who do they send it to.

However, they're the ones who will have to invest on this to be placed on all their subs. It is a constly investment, that's why they are fooling subs to pay for it. Its useless to the end user.

Maybe this will be useful for people who have no Cable-Ready TV sets, but those are so few nowadays. Other than that (and the on demand pay per view), there's no use for it. As in wala. Sila lang ang magkakabenefit diyan. Also, kung Cable-TV tuner ang kailangan, makakabili nun for 1k pesos, just scout around. I wonder how much do they charge for this Digibox?

Sorry nalang sila, hindi lahat ng subs eh maloloko nila. Pinoy pa?!

Intense Poster

At first, Skycable wanted to provide the Digital Box to their existing subscribers for free up to the first DECLARED extension. Subsequent extensions and new subscriptions would have to shell out Php 2,000 per box for deposit.

Implementation within the pilot project areas should have started May of 2006 but due to legal problems and equipment failure from their suppliers from Korea did not make it just possible.

Instead, they are now targeting new subscribers and those who would want to subscribe to Skycable Platinum (a newer service with a new service contract).
    My BLOG at http://myeeepcmylife.com.ph/dlreyes/ CAN'T update daily

Newbie Poster

How skycable digibox works

The skycable digibox is used to receive digital transmission using existing cable wire (if you have good signal quality else it will not work) and converts it to analog signal for TV viewing.

The output is not in high definition but standard definition which is still better than normal tv cable viewing which is purely analog and is susceptible to interference. (can be radio, electrical, etc...)

Take note that using digibox does not mean you will be receiving digital TV broadcast transmission like some parts in USA and Australia. I've experienced viewing digital broadcast TV transmission in Sydney and its like watching original DVD quality movies. There's no digital TV broadcasting yet in Philippines.

Moreover, installing Skycable Digibox will not make your other cable TV boxes unoperational. If you have 3 TVs at home and you wish to install Skycable Digibox into your living room only, your other 2 calbe TV sets will still be operational.

My advice is if you want a better quality TV cable viewing with some security (some new TV has built-in security so you don't need digibox) and other functions like real-time TV schedule per channel then go for Digibox.

Intense Poster

In their presentation last year, Skycable intended to digitize their broadcast of all channels and precisely why they would require the subscribers to get the digibox for each TV unit rendering all extensions w/o the box useless.

This (digitizing all channels and not just platinum channels) has not materialized yet in their intended pilot area and I do not know if they were successful in other areas...
    My BLOG at http://myeeepcmylife.com.ph/dlreyes/ CAN'T update daily

Newbie Poster

Does the digibox have an electronic program guide? Yun lang kasi habol ko sa Sky Cable Platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by markcas
    Does the digibox have an electronic program guide? Yun lang kasi habol ko sa Sky Cable Platinum.
    parang meron. kasi dun sa ad nila sa TV meron sila pinakita eh. meron pa ngang description nung show eh.
    You deserve someone who loves you with every single beat of his heart, someone who thinks about you constantly, someone who spends every minute of the day just wondering what you're doing, where you are, who you're with and if you're okay. You need someone who can help you reach your dreams and who can protect you from your fears. You need someone who will treat you with respect, love every part of you especially your flaws. You should be with someone who can make you happy, really happy, dancing on air happy. - Alex from Rosie Dunne

bluegirl@bncxe.org

eXtremist
    they started to implement it in valenzuela.. they changed 1 of the resident's to digibox and the whole barangay's cable service's gone

i was told that if you have 1 digibox in your house, all other tv's will be watching the same show
    when everybody calls nokia... i answered iPhone
    when people peek at windows... i stared at MAC
    when humans aim w/ canon... i shoot with £eica
    when they swim with padi... i dive with NAUI
    when all men wear hanes... i wear none

Quote Originally Posted by loko__loko
    they started to implement it in valenzuela.. they changed 1 of the resident's to digibox and the whole barangay's cable service's gone

i was told that if you have 1 digibox in your house, all other tv's will be watching the same show
    pay more to get an additional extention
    :::::: Just Do It ::::::::

Satellite Hobbyist
    siguro 75% ng connection sa cabletv is illegal. ok din yan at least less interference.

as a related device, yung sa dreamtv satellite super linaw talaga at stereo sound. yun nga lang parang vcd quality yung picture nag-pi-pixellate.

Certified BNCXE Member

Skycable Digital Box

Hi Comrades,

Our area in QC is now converted to Sky Cable digital box. I have a SLINGBOX w/c I bought from Sling Media USA. I can watch any shows here remotely through my laptop and even can change/switch channels through my laptop which is connected through the internet (DSL/Broadband). The same thing with the SLINGBOX here it should be connected through the Sky Cable and Fast Internet connection.

Right now, I cannot change nor switch to any channels through the SLINGBOX software which changing/switching channels will require you to use their provided remote control and you cannot switch channels using the TV remote control.

In short, Sky cable already encrypted the switching of channels and moreover I cannot install any extension using the typical splitter as I need to use another digital box to other TVs.

Please help...
    Peace on EARTH....

Nokia N95
    W810i

Satellite Hobbyist
    im not sure if skycable would be eager to provide support for that type of inquiry, for only they can provide the answer if the digibox would be compatible with slingbox.

Makikitanong narin sa thread na ito. Nag oofer na nga ba ng prepaid ang SkyCable? How does this work? Pag nanonood nauubos load ng prepaid? What if local channels lang?

Quote Originally Posted by EMTTubero
    Hi Comrades,

Our area in QC is now converted to Sky Cable digital box. I have a SLINGBOX w/c I bought from Sling Media USA. I can watch any shows here remotely through my laptop and even can change/switch channels through my laptop which is connected through the internet (DSL/Broadband). The same thing with the SLINGBOX here it should be connected through the Sky Cable and Fast Internet connection.

Right now, I cannot change nor switch to any channels through the SLINGBOX software which changing/switching channels will require you to use their provided remote control and you cannot switch channels using the TV remote control.

In short, Sky cable already encrypted the switching of channels and moreover I cannot install any extension using the typical splitter as I need to use another digital box to other TVs.

btw, san po pala area nyo sa QC? >_<

Please help...
    so mula nung naka digital box ka na d mo na magamit ung SLINGBOX? dapat meron pa din di ba? basta ung connection is SKY CABLE > DIGITAL BOX > SLINGBOX > REMOTE ACCESS
    if not they should assist you since single access lng naman ung slingbox d ba?

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc
    Makikitanong narin sa thread na ito. Nag oofer na nga ba ng prepaid ang SkyCable? How does this work? Pag nanonood nauubos load ng prepaid? What if local channels lang?
    http://www.skycable.com/prepaid/index.html

parang ang mahal din...
    GameOPS - The Philippines' first website dedicated to video games
    http://www.gameops.net

Blog: http://jepoy.bengero.com
    Photoblog: http://photos.jepoy.bengero.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/jepoyeng

Certified BNCXE Member

Sky Cable Digital Box

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo
    so mula nung naka digital box ka na d mo na magamit ung SLINGBOX? dapat meron pa din di ba? basta ung connection is SKY CABLE > DIGITAL BOX > SLINGBOX > REMOTE ACCESS
    if not they should assist you since single access lng naman ung slingbox d ba?
    Yes meron pa rin cable channel but you cannot switch channels using the slinbox software dahil po you need to use the digital box remote control device unlike before na hindi pa encrypted ang channel/signal I change channel remotely through the slingbox software. Sa ngayon naka fix ang channel sa slingbox otherwise you need to call or SMS ng tao sa bahay nyo to change the channel for you.

To fix this is to get a decoder or cable TV descrambler device.

Wala po ba dito sa Pinas halos nakikita ko sa internet ay sa US

Thanks po
    Peace on EARTH....

Nokia N95
    W810i

Satellite Hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by jepoy

mas ok yung gamit kong dreamtv.. hehe it's ****.. shhh

Maaaring pumili sa dalawang uri ng SkyCable Prepaid depende sa inyong budget – ang SkyCable Silver Prepaid at SkyCable Select Prepaid.

Ang SkyCable Silver Prepaid ay may mahigit sa 60 channels kabilang na dito ang HBO, Star Movies, Cinema One, BTV, Star Sports, Solar Sports, ESPN, Cartoon Network, at Nickelodeon. Ang SkyCable Silver Prepaid cards ay mabibili sa halagang P90 para sa tatlong araw, P380 para sa 15 araw, at P636 para sa 30 araw.

Ang SkyCable Select Prepaid naman ay may mga presyong mas magaan sa bulsa. Sa halagang P40 para sa tatlong araw na subscription, pwede nang makapanood ng mga programa sa iba’t ibang channels tulad ng Cinema One, AXN, ANC, BTV, MYX, Knowledge Channel, at Hero TV. Mabibili rin ang prepaid cards sa halagang P180 para sa 15 araw, P300 para sa 30 araw, P500 para sa 60 araw, at P750 para sa 90 araw.

Ok din ang rates. Kasi ang mga tao sa bahay eh ang usual na pinanonood lang eh mga local channels. Eh di lilinaw mga yun kahit na hindi ka mag load ng prepaid card... kesa rabbit or baron antenna, diba?

http://www.skycable.com/prepaid/silver.html

http://www.skycable.com/prepaid/select.html

Yung Skycable select prepaid lumalabas lang na 208 pesos per month (kasi 2500 a year). Ayus!

Now ano kayang competing package nito sa ibang providers.
    Nokia 1209 / Samsung i600

Sana yung prepaid, per hour ang bawas... para habang nasa house lang kami ng night mabawasan ng load

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc
    Maaaring pumili sa dalawang uri ng SkyCable Prepaid depende sa inyong budget – ang SkyCable Silver Prepaid at SkyCable Select Prepaid.

Ang SkyCable Silver Prepaid ay may mahigit sa 60 channels kabilang na dito ang HBO, Star Movies, Cinema One, BTV, Star Sports, Solar Sports, ESPN, Cartoon Network, at Nickelodeon. Ang SkyCable Silver Prepaid cards ay mabibili sa halagang P90 para sa tatlong araw, P380 para sa 15 araw, at P636 para sa 30 araw.

Ang SkyCable Select Prepaid naman ay may mga presyong mas magaan sa bulsa. Sa halagang P40 para sa tatlong araw na subscription, pwede nang makapanood ng mga programa sa iba’t ibang channels tulad ng Cinema One, AXN, ANC, BTV, MYX, Knowledge Channel, at Hero TV. Mabibili rin ang prepaid cards sa halagang P180 para sa 15 araw, P300 para sa 30 araw, P500 para sa 60 araw, at P750 para sa 90 araw.

Ok din ang rates. Kasi ang mga tao sa bahay eh ang usual na pinanonood lang eh mga local channels. Eh di lilinaw mga yun kahit na hindi ka mag load ng prepaid card... kesa rabbit or baron antenna, diba?

http://www.skycable.com/prepaid/silver.html

http://www.skycable.com/prepaid/select.html

Yung Skycable select prepaid lumalabas lang na 208 pesos per month (kasi 2500 a year). Ayus!

Now ano kayang competing package nito sa ibang providers.
    oks na oks nga ito a....magkano naman kaya pa install?
    ano yun pagkainstall ng cable wala ng /month na babayaran basta bibili ka nalang ng prepaid?

Meron refundable deposit na 1500 pesos ayon sa website, so you can have the addressable box for prepaid. Then you load the thing via cellphone, doon inaactivate yun sa facilities ng skycable.

Malamang, pag ayaw mo na ang service, you return the addressable box, and they will refund your 1500.

> pagkainstall ng cable wala ng /month na babayaran basta bibili ka nalang ng prepaid?

Wala na, you just load the prepaid.

Eh di kahit hindi na load-an (syempre wag mo hayaan mag expire), cable quality ang local channels diba. Yun ang maganda rito na advantage, I think. Dun sa website nila andon ang listahan ng bilihan ng prepaid loads.

Newbie Poster

IMHO. Pay for the digibox..

Founding Member
    Why pay for the Digi Box? It's Skycable that will benefit most because subscribers can't install an extension within their home anymore (via splitter) and will be forced to get more subscriptions if they have more than one TV set at home.

Skycable should be the one paying for it (ie, installing it for free).

is the Digibox an option for Skycable subscribers or it would eventually be installed sa lahat.
    Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one. -- Inspector "Dirty Harry" Callahan, The Dead Pool

Certified BNCXE Member
    To bypass the Sky Cable digital/addressable box is to get a descrambler pero wala pa ako nakikita so far dito. Let's wait a little kasi tyak ang gagawa neto hindi rin malayo sa opisina ng Sky Cable.

For now nagagamit ko na ang Sling Box ko dito sa Pinas at kahit saan ako kaya ko manood ng TV using my laptop with Sling Media software and even yong mga kamag anak ko sa US pinatanggal ko na ang TFC subcription nila at dito na lang sila connect sa Sling Box ko dito sa Pinas via internet/broadband connection.

Pina dalhan ako ng Sling Media ng bago IR para ma point ko sa Sky Cable Digital Box at ma program sa Sling Media SW and code. And now I can change channels through my laptop dati hindi ko ito nagagawa dahil ang pag palit ng channels ay dapat gawin sa sariling Remote Control ng Digital Box.

Thanks
    Peace on EARTH....

Nokia N95
    W810i

kakabitan na kami today ng Digibox! 2 units lang bibigay sa amin and we have to pay 152/additional outlet! Ask ko lang, pwede pa palipat-lipat ng outlet yung digibox? 7 kasi tv dito and super mahal na kung lahat kakabitan.
    Last edited by redisol; February 16th, 2008 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redisol View Post
    kakabitan na kami today ng Digibox! 2 units lang bibigay sa amin and we have to pay 152/additional outlet! Ask ko lang, pwede pa palipat-lipat ng outlet yung digibox? 7 kasi tv dito and super mahal na kung lahat kakabitan.
    Ginawa namin, instead of paying for an additional digital box and 152/additional outlet, nagpakabit kami Destiny Cable. So meron kami Sky and Destiny. Destiny for the other tv's and isa lang ang naka-skycable.

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    Ginawa namin, instead of paying for an additional digital box and 152/additional outlet, nagpakabit kami Destiny Cable. So meron kami Sky and Destiny. Destiny for the other tv's and isa lang ang naka-skycable.
    Ganyan din sana balak ko t and eventually papaputol ko na rin sana Sky kung ok naman Destiny. Problem is walang linya Destiny dito