Thread: Pharmaton's-DEANOL ingredient

Pharmaton's-DEANOL ingredient

Posting this for everyone info, im not from a competing pharma, it just so happens I drink this vitamin... out of curiousity, I wiki the word -deanol and eto po lumabas..

Dimethylaminoethanol- This compound also goes by the names of N,N-dimethyl-2-aminoethanol, beta-dimethylaminoethyl alcohol, beta-hydroxyethyldimethylamine and Deanol.

Dimethylaminoethanol is used as a curing agent for polyurethanes and epoxy resins. It is used to the synthesis of dyestuffs, textile auxiliaries, pharmaceuticals, emulsifiers, and corrosion inhibitors. Also it is an additive to paint removers, boiler water, and amino resins.

Eto 2nd part siguro ang reason is why they included Deanol.

Dimethylaminoethanol is related to choline and is a biochemical precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and found naturally in fishes like sardines and anchovies. It is reported to have nootropic effects, although research on this chemical has found both positive and negative potential results.

Again, eto pong last part naman is more alarming..

Short term studies show an increase in vigilance and alertness, with a positive influence on mood. Long term studies are equivocal. Some showed dimethylaminoethanol to increase the lifespan of animals in which it was tested, while others indicate a possible reduction in the average life span of quail. With the uncertainty of whether this could be extrapolated to humans, dimethylaminoethanol supplementation is not generally recommended. It is possible that dose is a major determining factor in the overall effects of dimethylaminoethanol - a high dose could produce the opposite effects than sought and contribute to life-shortening.

Anyway, just posted this and let one decide kung mag-take pa sila ng Pharmaton.

i'm not a chemist or a pharmacist, di kaya galing sa kampo ng ibang vitamin manufacturer yan?

Capture It All
    wala akong naintindihan... buti na lang di ako nainom nyan

Pulis Pangkalawakan
    [loh-key-shuhn] - a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Got this from Pharmaton's Philippine Website
    Deanol, or Dimethylaminoethanol, is a naturally occurring substance that studies have shown to increase levels of choline in the blood and brain. The increased levels of choline, in theory, should increase the body's ability to make acetylcholine, a very important neurotransmitter in the brain. Acetylcholine is involved in memory, learning, recall, and thought processes.

I think the positive or negative effects of deanol depends on the dosage taken. Not sure if taken daily at small doses, will it increment to the level that becomes poison to the body?

hmmm subukan ko kaya ito...

Ma(riang)Palad
    well, the general rule is : all must be taken in moderation...anything of excess would be harmful....true,especially with our current drugs/medicines in the market.
    www.mapalad.org
    Learn,Share and Have Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by loadex
    while others indicate a possible reduction in the average life span of quail.
    Delikado pala ito kung ikaw ay isang....

Pugo (quail sa ingles)
    ==================================================
    Kunyari may maganda kang nabasa dito... yun ang signature ko.
    ==================================================

my large breed dogs from 1-2yrs take pharmaton 3x per week while maintaining low protein diet but high vitamin + mineral diets + vaccines. and the result is 0- bone and joint defects, high energy and high illness tolerance.

but i dont take pharmaton - i think this is better for animals than people..
    To err is human, but to love is divine!

waaah, si sir imhotep sa aso lang niya ang Pharmaton, ako pang-tao.

Anyway I switched to Immuvit, (ipapainom ko na din sa aso ko pharmaton)... Im after their ginseng and CoQ10 ingredients... so far wala pa ako nababasa na pangit for any of their ingredients. Or should anyone would know one, paki-post nalang.